I used to resort to the convenience of boxed pancake mixes but not after finding this delicious pancake recipes on www.allrecipes.com. They are light and fluffy like buttermilk pancakes but without the buttermilk. A surprising ingredient to “sour” the milk. A new family favorite and easy to make, I won’t be going back into the box anytime soon.
The recipe shown is for 4 servings but I double the recipe for our family of 5.
Family Yumminess Rating: 5 of 5 stars (that means everyone in the family loves it!)
RA Ease of Prep Rating: 4 of 5 stars (pretty easy to make with my RA hands, the only trouble I had is whisking the thick batter). Definitely worth the effort as much as my family loved them!
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 cup all- purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter, melted
1. Combine milk and vinegar in a medium mixing bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
3. Whisk eggs and melted butter into milk mixture.
4. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Whisk until lumps are gone.
5. Spray skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat to medium heat. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto griddle* and cook until bubbles appear on surface. Flip and cook on other side until browned.
* I dropped in a few fresh blueberries on some of the pancakes at this point, Curious George style 🙂 Superstar helped me make the pancakes by bringing me the Curious George Makes Pancakes book to me and held up George’s “recipe” for how to make the pancakes. Since the kids don’t like blueberries in their pancakes, I don’t stir them into the batter.