Bloggiesta is a blogging marathon that takes place a couple times a year where participants are encouraged to tackle our blogging to do lists, join in twitter chats and tackle mini-challenges to expand our blogging horizons. This year’s event runs from March 21-27, 2016. The planning team has added some awesome mini-challenges this year like Joining a Bookish Mastermind Group and getting/giving a blog critique to help take our blogs to the next level. For all the details on the mini-challenges offered and twitter chats scheduled, check out all the details about Bloggiesta here.
Note: This post contains affiliate links as indicated by an asterisk. Purchases from these links provides a small commission to me at no extra cost to you.
I spell out my March blogging goals at the beginning of the month, so a few of my Bloggiesta to do list items are what I have left to be done from there.
Blog Growth & Desired Stats
- Update my newsletter for my new design.
- Complete Elite Blog Academy* Unit 1.
- Invite more people to our Book Lovers Boost Group to help each other promote bookish posts through blog post comments and social media shares. Join us if you can!
- Write a planning post.
- Write a Recipe post.
- Write a Blogging Resource post.
- Write a Rheumatoid Arthritis post.
- Write a Book Review post.- The Gates of Evangeline by Hester Young and a deeply personal story and When I’m Gone by Emily Bleeker.
- Secure guest bloggers for Be Our Guest Fridays series for April. If you’re interested in guest blogging for me, leave me a comment and we’ll see if we are a good fit for each other!
I want to participate in at least two this week. Here’s the full schedule:
- Monday March 21: Kick off chat hosted by Suey from It’s All About Books at 4:00 pm EDT
- Tuesday March 22: Plan Your Blogs hosted by Suey from It’s All About Books at 7:00 pm EDT
- Wednesday March 23: Edit Your Blogs hosted by Jenni from Jenni Elyse at 9:30 pm EDT
- Thursday March 24: Develop Your Blogs hosted by Emily from Emily Reads Everything at 8:00 pm EDT
- Friday March 25: Write Reviews hosted by Jenni from Jenni Elyse at 2:00 pm EDT
- Saturday March 26: Organize Your Blogs hosted by Rachel Noel from Purple Owl Reviews at 9:00 a.m. EDT
- Sunday March 27: Wrap Up/Feedback hosted by MC from Blame It On the Books at 10:00 a.m. EDT
- Organizing Stock Photos. I really need to get a handle on this. I also want to set up a folder for images I’ve taken to use on future blog posts. I have some great photos, but I have to find them!
- Blog Critiques. I have been wanting to do a reader survey to see what you’d like to read about and what you think of my site design so far. I think a fellow blog critique would go well with trying to get information on what my readers and subscribers would like to see. I’m all ears, tell me what you’d like!
Well that’s a lot for me to get done in a week. You know I like to have a big list to keep me motivated and to help me have lots of ideas so I can choose something depending on my mood and energy.
What are your blogging to-do’s? What do you hope to accomplish in Bloggiesta? What other blogging events do you enjoy? What would you like to see me blog more about or what do I need to change in my design? Tell me, I’d love to hear from you!