It was one of my August goals to throw my Superhubby a killer birthday party. Unfortunately, I am too stubborn and frugal to just pay someone to make the food and cupcakes, so I have been cooking up a storm this week and working hard on this party. My reading and blogging have taken a hit so next week I will be rewarding myself and participating in the Bout of Books Readathon. I’m looking forward to reading and relaxing more than I did this week!
In case you don’t know:
The Bout of Books readathon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
1. Finish ARC of The Story Hour by Thrity Umrigar for TLC blog tour
2. Finish Emma for Austen in August, Big Book Summer Challenge and Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge.
3. Start Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for my IRL book club and Classics Club.
4. Participate in a Twitter chat.
5. Participate in 1-2 mini challenges.
6. Read 15 books with my kids, for our goal to read 1,000 books together.
I look forward to diving into books next week and will be updating this post for my accomplishments througout the week. Next will be catching up on the reviews for all these great books I’ve been reading so we can talk about them!
Monday: read 30 pages in The Story Hour and conpleted the Book Scavenger Hunt on instagram.
Tuesday: read 30 pages in The Story Hour and two books with my kids. Seriously, I think Too Many Toys by David Shannon was written about us. The boys and their daddy have more toys than I can count…I wish I had that many books! 🙂
Wednesday: I got zilch done on the reading front.
But I did:
* prepare our Travel the World in Books Readathon Announcement and Sign Ups post, emailed authors and publishers for giveaways for the Readathon. If you have a book you would like to giveaway, please sign up. If you are a blogger that would like to host a mini-challenge, you can sign up there too.
* changed my blog design, tell me one thing you like and one thing I need to improve. It’s a work in progress but I sure do have fun toying with my design.
Thursday: visited a couple Bout Of Books bloggers and read another 30 pages.
Friday: Read some more but still not finished with the book. Yikes! I am not reading enough but I am too excited working hard on our upcoming Readathon.
Saturday: Another goose egg. No pages read as we headed with family to a waterpark. Great day!
Sunday: Finished The Story Hour. At least one book completed, whew!
Have you ever participated in a readathon? Join us for the Bout of Books and sneak some more reading time in your week! Be sure to leave a link with your goals if you are participating so I can stop by!