The Blogathon Games have begun! Besides the 3 readathons I will be participating in this month, I will also take a stab at the Blogathon Games. Hosted by Kathleen and her crew from the Biannual Blogathon Bash, the Blogathon Games is a month long challenge to accomplish blogging tasks to improve our blogs. I always learn a lot from the events that Kathleen hosts and I look forward to what she has in store for us. I attempted the similar Itty Bitty Blogathon last year but since it was only one day, I did not get much done. Let’s hope that since this event is all month long, I can accomplish more.
About the Blogathon Games
For the full month of October, participants will complete tasks that will advance their blog in multiple areas and earn points for doing them. At the end of the month, the three participants with the most points will win the Gold, Silver and Bronze prizes (to be announced.)
It’s a fun game but it’s also a way to get ahead in your blog business by helping you achieve many tasks you have been wanting to do but haven’t done or ones you didn’t know about but maybe should be doing. The game is loosely based off of the Itty Bitty Blogathon we did 2 years ago which was based off The Great Online Marketing Scavenger Hunt run by Firepole Marketing.
I aim to get 1,000 points during the Blogathon Games. With a comprehensive task list of approximately 90 items that covers the following topics, there is a lot to choose from.
* General Tasks
* Grow Your Following on Social Media
* Blogging Basics (like installing Alexa, Google Analytics and webmaster tools)
* Sponsor Support
* Writing (like brainstorming new ideas and writing posts on new topics)
* Multimedia (like starting a YouTube channel, creating an infographic or updating your about me picture)
* Networking (getting guest posters, exchange mini blog critiques or designing a business card)
* Social Media
Anything I do not accomplish, will be added to my master to-do list. The task list is a great resource and I do not want to lose sight of something important.
How You Can Help Me Out!
Any of these you can do to help me out would be fantastic in my efforts to grow and improve my blog!
1. If you decide to sign up for the Blogathon Games and join us, leave me a link for the tumblr blog you created for the Games. I get 5 points for each referral 🙂
2. Subscribe to my blog via email.
3. Follow me on social media:
4. Let me know if you are interested in doing a guest post on my blog. I will be starting a guest post series on Fridays in October and would love to discuss with you your ideas for a guest post.
That’s it! What are your goals for the Blogathon Games? Do join us for the fun and I look forward to getting to know you and your blog better. Leave me a comment with your blog and tumblr blog if you are participating so I can pay you a visit and cheer you on!