I’m linking up with Andrea from Good Girl Gone Redneck to Share Moments of Motherhood (MOM).
Here’s my list of You Know You’re a Mom When….
1. Running out of milk, cereal, coffee, wine or beer IS a legitimate emergency.
2. Dinner conversation about poop no longer grosses you out. In fact, you come to expect it.
3. You’ve ever said “Get off the dog, she is not a horse!”, “I know the dog licked you, but don’t lick the dog!”, “Get your butt off the kitchen table!”, or “Why aren’t you wearing any underwear?”
4. You give the food cool, exciting names to entice kids to eat it. To this day, it’s not farfalle with mushroom alfredo sauce, it’s just “Batman noodles”.
5. You tell a complete stranger or stranger’s kid to “be careful” or hold out your hands just in case they fall.
6. You do a little dance or party like it’ s 1999 every time your kids eat the healthy food you served them for dinner.
7. Symphony of Flatulence is not only our Rock Band name but the music of our life.
8. The number of cups of coffee needed is directly (or perhaps, exponentially) proportional to the number of kids you have.
9. You claim you need to have some alone time or a date with your amazing husband, but as soon as you are away from the kids, you think about them, miss them and talk about them.
10. Despite the messy, sticky, smelly boys, you look at their shining, smiling faces and know you couldn’t possibly love them any more.