Welcome to Day 2 of our Travel the World in Books Readathon. How did you do on your reading? Were you able to start your Book Map with Guiltless Reading’s very helpful tutorial? Keep track of your reading and Readathon activities this week and we’ll have a linkup on Sunday for you to share your progress.
Getting to Know You Questions
I enjoy getting to know you better and hope you met some new to you bloggers yesterday. So I’ve got more questions for you and hope you answer in the comments.
1. What’s the name of your blog, your blog URL and how long have you been blogging?
* I’m Tanya from Mom’s Small Victories and I’ve been blogging for about 2.5 years on my self-hosted blog and about a year before that on a free blogger blog.
2. How many kids and/or fur babies do you have?
* I have 3 sons: a middle schooler, an elementary schooler and a preschooler. We had two Westie doggies who are in heaven now and are missed everyday.
3. Where in the world does your family originate from?
* My family is from India. My husband’s from Mexico.
4. Can you speak any foreign languages?
* I can understand my parents when they speak Konkani (our small Indian dialect) but I have a terribly American accent. I can’t make some of the sounds in Konkani and being incredibly self-conscious, I was too embarrassed to speak it. I respond to them in English.
Marrying into a Hispanic family, I understand just enough Spanish to be dangerous, trying to understand but probably misinterpreting half of what I hear.
I took French in middle and high school, again remembering just enough to be dangerous. Perhaps the bottom line is no, I don’t know any foreign languages.
5. Give a shout out to a blogger you visited during the Readathon.
* I love that Deb from Readerbuzz is using the Readathon as a way to choose books from around the world to read to her classes in the school library. She will be planning music and activities for the kids for each country. If you have kids’ book recommendations about a particular country/culture, stop by and let her know. She’s also giving 2 books away, so give her big thanks for that too!
Today, Tanya from Girl XOXO is bringing us the Global Reading Exposure Mini-Challenge. The challenge is simple: share a favorite book that’s set in a different region of the world from where you live.
(My response is Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See for China. I absolutely loved this book, beautifully written.)
Stop by Girl XOXO’s blog, she not only reads great books around the world, completes challenges to read award winning books, but she gives us really helpful blogging tips to make our blogging lives a little easier and reading, eating and drinking posts to make our bellies a little happier too. I especially love her healthy snacks and wine and cocktail recommendations with her #WeekendReading!
Sign Up, Goals, Schedule and Giveaways
If you haven’t yet, be sure to sign up so that you are eligible for our great adult and kids book giveaways. If you have a readathon goals post, link it up here. Be sure to keep the Schedule bookmarked as we continue to update it for our author interviews and guest posts.
How did your first day go? What do you hope to accomplish today?